Thursday, May 12, 2011

Flower the Skunk and Owl, the Crochet Muses

I thought I'd show you my charming Muses of Crochet, Flower the Skunk and Owl, who live in the potted Basil Plant in my crochet corner. Crochet is HAPPY, and they make me happy. It's kind of nice that the humble nubby stitches of crochet keep one from getting too snooty. Trying to aspire to high fashion in crochet would be like trying to reproduce the Mona Lisa in lego bricks or something. Now, I know there is art crochet out there, and I love it. In fact, I like to make freeform crochet shapes for very cool jewelry and arty things....BUT, one is constrained by the intrinsic humility and childlikeness of yarns, strings, threads. Sort of keeps one from getting too hoity-toity.

Someone's going to send me a picture of something really disturbing and existential in crochet, but I'm not giving any ground here. Am I right?

______________________________
If you want to see more of my small crochet projects, you can click on some of the links below and check out my own original patterns:



Susan's Small Project Treasury of Crochet Patterns
Susan's Etsy Crochet Pattern Store

No comments:

Post a Comment