Friday, November 5, 2010

What ever shall I do? Crochet, Art, Art, Crochet

I've got to figure out a way to merge crochet and fine art. I'm thinking crochet sculpture? I saw a crocheted heart, I mean anatomically correct heart, arteries and all, on etsy. Hah! The Venus de Milo in wool? I know, deconstructionist  crocheted wool art in which a jar of moths is released onto the sculpture inside the display case. Wow, time to go to bed.

All that to say, I crocheted and painted today. I like the way the painting turned out, with the early sun and the hawk, it was a scene I saw this morning. Not so much the crochet, I got skunked. Crocheted an entire hat and decided it looked like something between a shark egg case and a roundish baby dinosaur. Wow. I usually can get what's in my head out from the end of a hook, but hoo boy not today. I'd show it to you, but I unravelled it all in a fit of pique. However, I did come up with a butterfly for my bubble gum pink newsie hat, am a bit fond of it. It's perched behind the painting. You can see the newsie pattern at my etsy store listing



I'd like to invite you to look at my patterns and odds and ends on etsy and also at the Instruction Page of my website.  As far as the fine art goes, you could take a peek at my more snooty stuff at susankennedy.com. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment