Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Freeform Crochet Ideas


I guess I need some help with freeform crochet; I'm such a doodler that it appeals to me mightily; but I need to learn lots more about freeform before I do this stuff! All the freeform pieces I see look so much like a great big coral reef sculpture, I love it! In contrast, this piece looks something like a bunch of mold, but I'm getting there! The bullion stitch I get, but I need to take a class or something. I can see that I need to be mixing up open vs. closed shapes, mixing up colors, mixing up different textures, different shapes...but I get lost in the ridiculousness of trying to make a piece of work that hangs together and doesn't buckle. Ah, well, something to aspire to. I'll keep drooling over these pieces of art crochet that I see. Give me your criticisms, I can take it! 

Susan
______________________________________________________
Check out my latest designs at My Etsy Pattern Store or at My Ravelry Pattern Store!
My 4-Chapter Mini Treasury

is also on Ravelry right now for $9.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment