Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Designing a Summer Baby Hat

I've been consumed with this latest, I'm loving the way that crochet thread makes a super fast baby hat! Here it is on etsy... I thought it would be hard and scratchy, but at least using "Aunt Lydia's" brand no. 10, it's supple and cool, since that fuzziness you get with yarn isn't there. And besides, cotton's the best for summer.

It's not at all fussy and difficult, as it looks at first glance. The whole thing, at least without the flower, takes only 40 or 50 minutes, tops. The shells add a bit of vintage flavor, but the use of a size K hook is definitely super fast and modern, ha!

Let me know if you have any questions, and yes, it will be available in Amazon's Kindle Store. If you click on this link you'll find it.

Here are my various patterns on Amazon's Kindle Store, including this new one....when you see my patterns as Kindle documents, they're smaller in format and they're unable to be printed out, so I sell them more cheaply than the larger printable versions on my Etsy Crochet pattern store . 

Have a super creative week and here's hoping you have some terrific surprises! 

1 comment: